Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Canaries

Having had just about enough of the British winter, I've just spent a week in the Canary Islands doing some warm weather cycling. Flights to Lanzarote are reasonably priced if you book in advance and Thomas Cook haven't let me down yet, unlike another well known carrier who sent my luggage to a beautiful and exotic holiday destination which I'm sure was far nicer than the one that I was going to.

The main attraction of the Canaries at this time of year for me is the warm sunny weather (you can usually count on 20-21 degrees in late January and plenty of nice quiet roads with good hills to train on. Over in Tenerife there's always Mt Teide if you want to test yourself on Europe's longest climb.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Offering a recommendation to try a stay in Pollenca in the north east corner of Mallorca. Take the Ma-10 west out of town up into the mountains, then turn right down to Sa Calobra. Check it out on Google Earth or something. It's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I think they have been playing really well recently and should make the playoffs