Saturday, October 11, 2008

Banking Collapse

Normally I send all the money that I earn from royalties straight to the Nigerian Bank owned by my good friend Dr Ngugu, who first contacted me via this website. He set the bank up himself, so that he could help some local orphans whose parents had died in a plane crash. My account has $374 000 000 in it and I must get round to withdrawing some of it soon so that I can buy one of these.

With all the present turmoil in the banking sector however; I decided to play it safe and look elsewhere. I wouldn't trust some fat druggie from Iceland, so after considerable research, I plumped for the Japanese Bank of Sumo. Imagine my distress to learn this morning that they have gone belly up. I’m very upset by this as I nearly invested in Sushi Bank, but thought that there was something fishy about them. I've also heard that the National Bank of Origami has folded...

Feel free to add your own. There's loads more from the 1990 collapse but I can’t remember them all.

4 comments:

Central User said...

Inspector Gadget's commentators seem to have come up with the fullrange:

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/oh-dear/#comments

Anonymous said...

What's the capital of Iceland?

Currently about £4.50

Anonymous said...

Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches

Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song

Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived

Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks

Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black

500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop

Something fishy going on at Sushi Bank? I bet the staff get a raw deal.

Anonymous said...

The Italian Bank of Fellatio has gone down
Jobrag