Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Survey Response

I've been amazed by the number of emails I've received already to this survey (with stories that are amusing and heartbreaking in equal measure) Virtually every one of them reflects a deep frustration at the sheer inability to actually do anything (rather than tick boxes or claim to reach targets)

'Anonymous' made a good point with their comment on the first survey post. Don't forget the positive examples as I often do.

Oh and can you all come up with a name for comments and emails? I've got about 150 'Anonymous's and I've no idea how many are the same person. Use your imagination and make one up!

Thanks again for all the replies.

9 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

"Anonymous" is just another name for everything to lose if you know who I am! Which is why "Anonymous" should just keep his or her comments to himself or herself. You may not know my "real" name, but at least I'm furnishing you with a blogger identity and a way to track me down!

Anonymous said...

or maybe I could use a made up name and click "other" ever thought of that?!

Anonymous said...

steady on, you two, or one of you is going to get sent outside.
now, where did i put those report cards...
(have emailed you a selection of stories from the birmingham area, frank. some apocryphal, some utterly true cos they happened to me).

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered your blog - thanks for a great read.

However, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I can't help but admire the teaching profession who do such a challenging job without recourse to effective discipline. To think that I once harboured a desire to teach....

I'm not a parent, but to all teachers - you have my gratitude.

Anonymous said...

have sent you a few stories frank, some uplifting, some less so...

Anonymous said...

have sent you some of my classroom tales frank - not all horror stories! All teachers start out with the idea that they are going to make a difference and get down-hearted when they find out how difficult that is. Unfortunately i am thinking of leaving teaching altogether and doing something else. I love your blog and good luck with the book. (I've got mine pre-ordered on Amazon)

Anonymous said...

emailed you some stories from me and my girlfriend (both teachers in the midlands)
if poss, can you reply to me, want to ask you something in private?

Quick Home Sale UK said...

Enlightening!

Quick Home Sale UK said...

I just cant get over this site! How come its not updated anymore?