Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Birthday Present (Well not present actually)

Here, for your amusement is the verbatim transcript of a telephone conversation which took place earlier today:

Bring, Bring! Bring, Bring!

Mrs Scuzzer (groggily):" Uh, 'ello?"

Mrs Chalk (brightly): "Good morning Mrs Scuzzer, I'm just phoning because your daughter Tequilla wasn't in school yesterday and we didn't receive any phone call from you. Is she ill?

Mrs Scuzzer (wide awake now): "No, it was her birthday!"

Mrs. Chalk (somewhat dumbfounded):"Er..well...erm..."

Click

8 comments:

Greg said...

Scary!

MacDuff said...

Well thats all right isnt it?
Seems a perfectly good reason to me.

Mousie said...

Great!!

But why should Education get all the holidays? I vote we roll it out to the NHS too.

Anonymous said...

Perfeckly normal.Get that every day. Needn't be a Birthday. could be the death of a pet stick insect.

Anonymous said...

I used to be a governor at a primary school where children were routinely kept away from school on their birthday so that they could go shopping for presents....

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I refuse to work on my birthday. So why shouldn't the kids do the same?

Anonymous said...

It's just not fair - my birthday is always in the holidays.

I remember receiving a note in advance asking if darling Steven (coincidentally a parent at 14) could have the day off for his birthday. I was an NQT, I thought it was a wind up.

Anonymous said...

Conveyancing

The Contact Law service is free to use. We have access to a network of conveyancing solicitors throughout the UK available to assist you whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a property. We search our database of approved solicitors to find the best value solicitor for the job. Many of our solicitors also provide HIPs and will be able to help you in relation to buying or selling larger properties.

http://www.contactlaw.co.uk/conveyancing/