Monday, June 08, 2009

Show me the Money

The Government is proposing to pay about £3000 per year extra to entice people to take a job as a crowd controller in challenging (ie crap) schools. Have a look at the article before you ask me the obvious question:

Won't the staff who are already there get a bit upset about doing the same job for three grand less than those who've just arrived?

Regular readers will also be familiar with my cynical view of any sentence that starts with the words "Research shows..." I wonder how much of your money was spent discovering the astonishing fact that kids do better if they have a good teacher?

Mind you it's a good job they never offered me a bonus to work at St. Thickchilds- I would only have blown it on a Somali Cruise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like finding out that not only are you in a hard job, not only are you a benefit to society trying to deal with their ill spawned whelps, but that the Government in their infinite wisdom needs to send in the "elite" to sort out your problems.

By the way, there is a recession so dont expect a NJC pay rise!