Monday, February 19, 2007

Jealousy is a Terrible Thing

Sorry about the lack of posts, I've been away for a few days visiting some old friends who live in rural Derbyshire. This really is a lovely part of the Country, with lots of hills for walking up and endless opportunities to say to the locals; "Do you live in Hope?"

According to The Times, a lady called Judith O'Reilly has been given a £70 000 book deal for her blog which seems to be about living in the North of England after living in the South. Have a read of it here. If you like it, I'll put a link on the sidebar.

Copperfield and I thought we were doing really well when we got taken out for a curry by our Editor...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an expensive curry though, Francis.

PS Can I take this opportunity to mention to any rugby fans reading Frank's blog that we've just published Austin Healey's autobiography - Rugby World gave it 5/5 and made it their book of the month this month, and - if I say it myself - it's a very funny and entertaining read, whether you follow rugby seriously or as an occasional watcher.
Austin didn't get 70 grand either!

Anonymous said...

My friend has an Austin Healey. Beautiful car, in a cherry red colour. I prefer the Mark one to the Mk 2 and it's probably better to stick a replacement engine in, bu they are a real head turner.

Anonymous said...

Dan - I've read the Austin Healy book and I can confirm it is excellent! Very funny and the right side of the line where braggings concerned as Austin's not know as the Leicester Lip for nothing!
A recommended read!
Carl Deacon

Anonymous said...

You can't beat the Austin Heally 100-6. One of the best looking cars of all time. Good examples nowadays go for £20 000 plus

Anonymous said...

What do you reckon to the Sprite? I think it was nicknamed the frog eye or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the sprite refered to as bug eyed.
Anyway be kind about it. The first car I ever had - the love of my life.

Anonymous said...

Look at the two Mk ones for sale at www.austin-healey-club.com They are stunning cars

Anonymous said...

that womans blog is boring crap. Dont link it, ever.

Anonymous said...

I've just had a read of the wife in the North blog and I'm afraid it is as dull as ditchwater