Monday, April 19, 2010

Iceland- what can I say?

First they pinch our money, then they bugger up the skies...

When the Royal Navy returns from picking up tourists stranded in Europe, they should make a detour and pay those puffin eaters a visit. We said very clearly that we wanted them to send us 'cash' not 'ash', or at the very least; free fish fingers for the next 20 years.

From the above tirade, you will not be surprised to learn that I managed to get myself stuck abroad, in the land of the Surrender Monkey. Although I have often slated Crystal Holidays in the past, I have to hand it to them this time; they really got their act together, sorting out accommodation, hiring coaches and booking ferries early enough to get us home before everything became full up, which is more than a lot of other companies managed. Mind you, their Reps still can't speak two words of the local lingo...

1 comment:

Lilyofthefield said...

And don't forget the Cod Wars!