Monday, December 15, 2008

Green and Blacks

Hot on the heels of the Santa Deniers comes another exclusive revelation...

I've long been a fan of Green and Blacks Chocolate, but feel duty bound to let you in on a secret. All their 100g bars actually weigh 125g, so you are getting an unadvertised 25% extra free.

The sceptical should try weighing an unwrapped one for themselves. A useful talent of mine, which never fails to impress; is that if you tell me the colour of the end of one of their wrappers I can identify the flavour, quick as a flash. eg If you were to approach me and mutter 'Light Blue', I would astonish you by immediately replying; 'Milk!'

Believe it or not, the reverse is also true: even if you were to try and defeat me with 'Maya Gold' I would instantly shout; 'Dark Red!' and receive admiring glances from any onlookers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there are grounds for complaint, given that the product does not weigh the amount specified on the wrapper?

Anonymous said...

Do you get a commission for this advert?

Anonymous said...

You seem to know far too much about G&Bs.

Why the preoccupation with cocoa solids?

Anonymous said...

I think our Mr C has taken to peddling his blog to the highest bidder, in a sort of 'subliminal advertising' way. Shame on you, you old bugger!

Anonymous said...

If I wanted to take 150 bars of G & B on my hols with me - only going for a week so I don't need too many - would I be able to claim back the excess baggage cost from G & B because I exceeded my 15kg allowance?

(Do we get pedants on here who will say things like 'the suitcase will take you over your 15kg limit'? If so, then may I take the opportunity to pre-empt with an invitation to get a life?)

I'll go back to my own interesting life now then...

Anonymous said...

In 2008 Cadburys changed the wrapping on their large milk chocolate bars,but they are now 230g, they used to be 250g.

Before the old 250g bars had all gone I bought one and Ive got side-by-side photos with the new 230g bars.

They are same width, length and depth and most importantly the same price.

The trick, it seems to me, was to make the groves in the bar deeper.

Clever buggers!